About The Department
The department of Physics (UG-SF) was established in 2016. There are
six faculty members in the department, among whom three are PhD holders. The
department offers an Add on Course in Embedded System Design and a Job Oriented
Certificate Course in Robotics. The department has completed one Minor research
project funded by our college. One major Indo-Russian collaboration research project
sanctioned by DST, and two minor research project sponsored by our college are under
progress. The department arranges guest lectures, workshops, and National and
International level seminars along with the Aided department to promote a scientific
attitude among the students and young teachers which will motivate them to take up
The Department of Physics SF will enhance the scope of academic excellence and
leadership in Physical Sciences. The department dedicates itself for lifelong learning
through academic and community oriented programmes. The department strives to
provide a sound education in the core subject and envisions becoming a center of
excellence in Materials research.
- To provide quality education in Physics that inspires a lifelong learning which
will help the students to recognize and face global challenges.
- The department strives to empower diverse learners with an aptitude for critical
analysis and creative synthesis, individual thought and collaborative action.
- To make our graduates excel in the competencies and values required for
leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
- To strive for academic excellence through the quest for wisdom.
- To enrich the syllabi to meet with the current requirements of the industry
- To motivate and support students with Entrepreneurial skills
- To instill ethical and moral values of the highest order.