About The programme
The BVoc degree programme in Garment Designing was introduced under the University Grants Commission (UGC)’s new scheme of skills development based higher education in the year 2014. The aim is to integrate with National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) in order to enhance an employability of the graduates and to meet garment industry requirements. The curriculum of BVoc (Garment Designing) incorporates the requirements of garment industries in an innovative and flexible manner in developing a holistic and well skilled graduate. This programme equips students to pursue a wide range of career prospects as designers in garment manufacturing industries and merchandiser. The syllabus of the course is designed in such a way that it provides the skill development required by students to be a successful fashion designer. The course also tunes student’s entrepreneurial skills to set up their own garment manufacturing units and boutiques. It is a three-year course divided into six semesters. The course curriculum is industry-based which contains about 30% general education (theory) and 70% vocational training (practical) components which means that apart from studying the regular curriculum, all students need to undergo industrial training or project work for at least four to eight weeks in every semester.
- To promote women entrepreneurship in the fashion world with innovative, unique and creative skills.
- Achieving excellence in various job roles suitable for apparel and fashion industry, through strong skill based education and Practical training.
- Impart education through skill -based theory and to meet the challenging needs of the apparel and fashion industry.
- To prepare students for higher education in fashion designing, merchandising and research-related activities.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills among students for entrepreneurial ventures by providing infrastructure, human resource and consultancy.
- To provide Customized Academic programs through professional partnerships, so as to hone the skills, nurture creativity, inculcate ethical value through a holistic approach, in order to face global challenges.
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2018 Syllabus 2016-2019 Syllabus 2017-2020
Syllabus 2018-2021 Syllabus 2019-2022