About The Department
The Department of French was established in 1964. All four skills of Language Learning( Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) are given equal importance. The syllabus is constantly upgraded to keep in pace with innovations in FLE. Students are encouraged to participate in cultural activities and competitions related to French. The Faculty members attend training programs/seminars, in India and in France to enhance their skills further. The Cultural Immersion Programmes to Paris-France is organized for students to explore the French language, life style, tradition, culture, gastronomy etc.
Vision And Mission
To adopt technical learning experience which will enhance the students to understand the uniqueness of French language and the richness of their culture. The Department imparts constant updation of the teaching methodology, usage of latest text books and multimedia for teaching. To create interest in literature knowledge and spoken skills which promotes students for higher education.
Part-I French (Paper I, II, III, IV)
DELF A1 (International Certification in French)
All students graduating with French as a Second Language, are also equipped with DELF –A1, International Certification in French. This enhances their employability in any field, and they also have the opportunity to specialize in French.
Distinguished Visitors to the Department:
- Monsieur Emmanuel Samson, Attaché Linguistique, Institut Français en Inde,Embassy of France, India
- Monsieur Pannirselvame, Dean, School of Humanities, Pondicherry University.
- Monsieur Marie Pierre Augustin, Head, Department of French, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Monsieur Benoit Olivier, Director, Alliance Française of Madras.
- Madame Amrita Raghunanthan, President, Indian Association of Teachers of French
- Monsieur Christophe Le Du, Director, Alliance Française of Madras
- Madame Brigitte Maury, Responsable, Lycée Français de Pondichery
- Monsieur Calaivanane, Assistant Professor of French, VIT Vellore
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2016 Syllabus 2016-2017 Syllabus 2017-2018
Syllabus 2018-2019 Syllabus 2019-2020 Syllabus 2020-2023