About The Department
The Department of Hindi has been imparting the knowledge of Hindi Language and Literature since the inception of the college. The curriculum is framed and updated in such a way to introduce best literary works and improve communicative skills along with the functional aspect of the language. Students are encouraged to contribute and participate in various Hindi competitions, reading activities, workshops, guest lectures and handwritten magazine ‘Gunjan’. The faculty members update themselves through the seminars, conferences, FDP’s, workshops etc. They also contribute to the academics through their papers, articles and book publications. The Department of Hindi is also coordinating National Digital Library of India and Readers’ Forum “GnanaSangamam” along with Department of General Library of the college.
Vision and Mission
The Department of Hindi aims in imparting knowledge of Hindi literature and improve the communication skill of the students. The department also aims to impart values to the students and sensitize towards the social issues. The students are to be made aware of their cultural roots and strengthen the national integration. It motivates to make the students competent to use Hindi effectively in their career.
Part-I HINDI (Paper I, II, III, IV)
The Certificate course in Hindi offered as a job oriented course provides opportunity for the non- Hindi students to get the basic knowledge of Hindi. The Department also offers a Spoken Sanskrit Course in association with Samskritha Bharathi which is a Job-oriented Course.
Distinguished Visitors to the Department:
- Prof. Nachimuthu, Former Head, JNU and former Convenor, Sahitya Akademi, Tamil Nadu Board
- Dr Sushila, Eminent translator, Coimbatore
- Dr. Senthil Kumar, Eminent translator, Coimbatore.
- Shri Nalli Kuppusamy Chettiar, Philanthropist, Chennai
- Shri Manickam, Dr N. Mahalingam Translation Institute, Coimbatore
- Shri Nanjil Nadan, Sahitya Akademi Winning Writer, Coimbatore
- Shri Kurinji Velan, Eminent Translator, Kurinjipadi
- Mr. Chinnasamy, General Manager, Bank of Baroda, Coimbatore
- Mr. Balamurugan, Senior Manager, Bank of Baroda, Coimbatore
- Dr. U.A. Raza, Manager (OL) , State Bank of India, Coimbatore
- Dr Basheer, Senior Manager (OL), Hindusthan Petroleum Corporation, Chennai
- Shri Santhosh Kumar, Editor, Rajasthan Partika, Coimbatore
- Shri Kannadasan, Asst. Director (OL), Provident Fund Office, Coimbatore
- Ms. Priyanka Agarwal, Priyankas Corner, Erode
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2016 Syllabus 2016-2017 Syllabus 2017-2018
Syllabus 2018-2019 Syllabus 2019-2020
Part-I Hindi (Paper I, II, III, IV)
The Certificate course in Hindi offered as a job oriented course provides opportunity for the non- Hindi students to get the basic knowledge of Hindi. The Department also offers a Spoken Sanskrit Course in association with Samskritha Bharathi which is a Job-oriented Course,