About The Department
The department of Physics was established in the year 1968. Under the able guidance of the
dedicated faculty, the students of the department have shown remarkable achievements in
curricular and co- curricular activities. The department became a PG department in the year 2011
with the introduction of MSc Physics (SF). In 2013, the department became a research
department with the introduction of MPhil and PhD programs. Faculty members of the
department have completed five Minor research projects sponsored by UGC, six DST projects
under IEDC programme, and one DST major project. The department arranges guest lectures,
workshops and National level seminars to promote a scientific attitude among the students and
young teachers which will motivate them to take up research.
The Department of Physics will preserve and enhance an atmosphere to fulfil the inter-related
roles of generating and propagating knowledge with rigorous standards, imaginative
methodology, global awareness and an enthusiastic quest for truth. The department strives to
provide a sound education in the core subject and envisions becoming a centre of excellence
in Materials research.
- To provide quality education in Physics that inspires a lifelong learning which will
help the students to recognize and face global challenges.
- The department strives to empower diverse learners with an aptitude for critical
analysis and creative synthesis, individual thought and collaborative action.
- To make our graduates excel in the competencies and values required for leadership
to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
- To strive for academic excellence through the quest for wisdom.
- To enrich the syllabi to meet with the current requirements of the industry
- To motivate and support students with Entrepreneurial skills
- To instil ethical and moral values of the highest order.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics is designed to produce graduates who excel in the
competencies and values required for leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
The curriculum will enhance the student’s academic abilities, personal qualities and transferable
skills which will give them an opportunity to develop as responsible citizens. On completion of
the course the students will be able to, understand the concepts and significance of the various
physical phenomena, carry out experiments to understand the laws and concepts of Physics and
apply the theories learnt and the skills acquired to solve real time problems..
For more details click here