About the Programme
The programme of Physics was established in the year 1968. Under the able guidance of the dedicated faculty, the students of the department have shown remarkable achievements in curricular and co- curricular activities. The department became a PG department in the year 2011 with the introduction of MSc Physics (SF). In 2013, the department became a research department with the introduction of MPhil and PhD programs. Faculty members of the department have completed five Minor research projects sponsored by UGC, six DST projects under IEDC programme, and one DST major project. The department arranges guest lectures, workshops and National level seminars to promote a scientific attitude among the students and young teachers which will motivate them to take up research.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics is designed to produce graduates who excel in the competencies and values required for leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community. The curriculum will enhance the student’s academic abilities, personal qualities and transferable skills which will give them an opportunity to develop as responsible citizens. On completion of the course the students will be able to, understand the concepts and significance of the various physical phenomena, carry out experiments to understand the laws and concepts of Physics and apply the theories learnt and the skills acquired to solve real time problems.
The Department of Physics will preserve an atmosphere to fulfil the inter-related roles of generating and propagating knowledge with rigorous standards, imaginative methodology, global awareness and critical thinking, imbibing human values. The department strives to provide a sound education in the core subject and envisions on becoming a centre of excellence in Materials research.
- To provide quality education in Physics that inspires a lifelong learning which will help thestudents to recognize and face global challenges.
- The department strives to empower diverse learners with an aptitude for critical analysis and creative synthesis, individual thought and collaborative action.
- To make our graduates excel in the competencies and values required for leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
- To strive for academic excellence through the quest for wisdom.
- To enrich the syllabi to meet with the current requirements of the industry
- To motivate and support students with Entrepreneurial skills
- To instill ethical and moral values of the highest order.
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2018 Syllabus 2016-2019 Syllabus 2017-2020
Syllabus 2018-2021 Syllabus 2019-2022 Syllabus 2020-2023 Syllabus 2021-2024 Syllabus 2022-2025