About the Programme
The MSc in Physics programme was introduced in the year 2011 with a total intake of 40 students. There are six faculty members among whom five are PhD holders and one is pursuing her PhD. One major project under the DST WOS-A project has been completed and another has been sanctioned by IUAC. The course provides a strong foundation in the principles of Physics with specialization in Electronics. In the year 2013, the department has been upgraded as a research department with the introduction of M.Phil and Ph.D programmes. The Areas of research offered are Thin film technology, Nanotechnology, Computational Physics, Solid State Ionics, Nano Optics and Crystal growth.
The MSc in Physics programme aims to enhance the students’ academic abilities, personal qualities and transferable skills which will give them an opportunity to develop as responsible citizens. The curriculum is designed such that on completion of the course, the students will understand the theories which describe the nature of physical phenomena and be able to establish them by experiments. They will acquire enhanced computational and analytical skills and the scientific temperament to focus on the pursuit of innovative application of knowledge to benefit society.
The Programme undertakes the responsibility to preserve and enhance an atmosphere in which scholarly research with rigorous standards, imaginative methodology, global awareness and an enthusiastic quest for truth, serve as the basis of a vital teaching- learning process. The department is committed to provide quality education in Physics that will make the students excel in the competencies and values required for leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community. The department envisions becoming a centre of excellence in Materials research.
- To provide quality education in Physics that inspires a lifelong learning which will help the students to recognize and face global challenges.
- The department strives to empower diverse learners with an aptitude for critical analysis and creative synthesis, individual thought and collaborative action.
- To strive for academic excellence through the quest for wisdom.
- To prepare the students for a research career in academia or industry by introducing advanced ideas and techniques that are applicable in a wide range of research areas
- Collaborative research to be established with industries and institutions of repute
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2017 Syllabus 2016-2018 Syllabus 2017-2019
Syllabus 2018-2020 Syllabus 2019-2021 Syllabus 2020-2022 Syllabus 2021-2023 Syllabus 2022-2024