About The Department
The Department of BCom (e-Commerce) was established in 2005. This course is aimed at integrating a balance between objective learning and experiential learning. Students can develop a strong foundation to apply and refine their knowledge and skills to the real world in e-commerce market. Along with e-commerce, the department gives importance to financial knowledge by facilitating the students to understand the increasing complex and critical areas of finance coupled with knowledge and practices of accounting and prepare the students for a professional qualification in finance and accounting areas like ICAI, ACCA, CMA and CA/CPT and other professional courses.
- To enhance our status as a topmost Knowledge Centre for Commerce and e-Commerce
- To reinforce an impulsive understanding of career paths and challenges as an e-commerce professional by analyzing the legal, ethical and societal impacts of the latest internet development
- To enlighten the essential e-Commerce concepts, technologies and skills related to the applications with hands on training, real-life experiences for planning and implementation of e-business strategies
- To motivate students to acquire progressive and long-term employment with well reputed companies
- To nurture, develop and produce globally competent business leaders with a strong desire to excel as professionals and improve quality of human life, society and environment.
The programme explores the realities and implications of e-Commerce by providing continual learning in the dynamic e-Commerce environment. Students are imparted entrepreneurial capabilities required for e-businesses and also able to pursue professional programmes such as CA, ICWA, ACS or other Master programmes in Commerce and Management.
For more details click here