About the Programme
The programme was established in 2005. This course is aimed at integrating a balance between objective learning and experiential learning. Students can develop a strong foundation to apply and refine their knowledge and skills to the real world in e-commerce market. Along with e-commerce, this programme gives importance to financial knowledge by facilitating the students to understand the increasing complex and critical areas of finance coupled with knowledge and practices of accounting and prepare the students for a professional qualification in finance and accounting areas like ICAI, ACCA, CMA and CA/CPT and other professional courses.
B.Com in the self-finance stream was started in 2015. PSGRKCW was the first college in Tamil Nadu to offer B.Com degree exclusively for women in 1970. The primary aim of the programme is to impart to students superior knowledge and nurturing global competencies through quality education. The programme has recorded consistent development in its academic to cater the industrial needs and to take up entrepreneurship as a career. This programme provides a proficient environment with high level of knowledge and competence as aspiring commerce professionals to effectively contribute for the betterment of the society with commitment and loyalty.
- To enhance our status as a topmost Knowledge Centre for Commerce and e-Commerce
- To reinforce an impulsive understanding of career paths and challenges as an e-commerce professional by analyzing the legal, ethical and societal impacts of the latest internet development
- To enlighten the essential e-Commerce concepts, technologies and skills related to the applications with hands on training, real-life experiences for planning and implementation of e-business strategies
- To motivate students to acquire progressive and long-term employment with well reputed companies
- To nurture, develop and produce globally competent business leaders with a strong desire to excel as professionals and improve quality of human life, society and environment.
The programme explores the realities and implications of e-Commerce by providing continual learning in the dynamic e-Commerce environment. Students are imparted entrepreneurial capabilities required for e-businesses and also able to pursue professional programmes such as CA, ICWA, ACS or other Master programmes in Commerce and Management.
For more details click here
Syllabus 2018-2021 Syllabus 2019-2022 Syllabus 2020-2023 Syllabus 2021-2024
Syllabus 2022-2025 Syllabus 2023-2026
The B.Com programme provides a strong foundation in the functioning of business organizations and imparts specialized skill sets in the areas of accounting, finance, taxation and marketing by offering a comprehensive curriculum. The programme aims to equip student with entrepreneurial and leadership qualities to meet the challenges of the competitive world. This programme envisages effective teaching in commerce using innovative teaching and learning methods such as real time projects, Situation Analysis and practical training through summer internships.
For more details click here Syllabus 2015-2018 Syllabus 2016-2019 Syllabus 2017-2020
Syllabus 2018-2021 Syllabus 2019-2022 Syllabus 2020-2023 Syllabus 2021-2024 Syllabus 2022-2025